The Last Meet





Last meet, yeah, it was our last meet
I felt so conscious how will I greet?

She was always there in my heart
Time flew, her memories never depart
Summer, winter, rains, you and me together
Both of us stormed through the tough weather
That sipping of tea at the tea stall till being late
Time spent with you is the best till date
The rush hours in the train we usually travelled
The push brought your smile, kept me baffled
The flashback kindled those moments sweet
Last meet, yeah, it was our last meet!!!

Yesterday a call from her, caught me unaware
True caller flashing her name made me stare
I said a normal “hi” with lots of apprehension
The other side’s pause reflected her tension
“Can we meet tomorrow?” she broke the ice
I cannot say a “No”, both knew it precise
Unknowingly, I reached the spot an hour before
Those passing moments were too tense to ignore
The moment she surfaced, my heart skipped a beat
I froze with open jaws even in the summer heat
“You reached early today” her smiling greet
Last meet, yeah, it was our last meet!!!

She wore the same pink salwar, as I saw her first
She was a big mind player, adding to my thirst
“This is my wedding invite,” she said staring at me
Looking other side, I said “Chotu, 2 cups of tea”
That very moment, I was caught off-guard, 
Two tiny droplets in the eyes exposed my heart
“How is your would-be” I simply asked
“Have not spoken much” her answer masked
“Check out, if is he like me?” my words reflected defeat
“Why like you, not you,” her reaction so concrete
I still ponder, was it really funny or sweet
Last meet, yeah, it was our last meet!!!

That moment, our eyes spoke volumes, we were silent
The two cups of tea arrived, as if they were God sent
Taking the first sip, she said “You do come for marriage”
“I want to see your husband,” my reply savage.
I continued, “So, when will we meet again?”
She stood up in a flash, took her purse and moved in obvious pain
No answer, was the answer to my million questions unsound 
The pink faded into oblivion, I staring at the emptiness around
My heart sank, my eyes froze, my words dried as my wishes took a backseat
Last meet, yeah, it was our last meet!!!

Vishu










Comments

  1. Just beautiful 👌your words took me to the tea stall...just loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like that it is a normal poem but sir I read it thrice to go as deep as I can in that and I can see and feel the pain of that person and generating many perceptions from this poems. Really awesome sir lover it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I froze with open jaws even in the summer heat
    “You reached early today” her smiling greet......❤️❤️THIS LINES WOW...... I THINK EVERYBODY CAN FEEL THIS LINE❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very authentic but emotionally attractive...❤️🌹

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine Day

Kranti Daud - A dream come true

Being in Love