Gestures

 That evening still stays fresh in my mind

When I promised to meet her alone for the first time

Lots of anxiety within I covered wearing my best outfit

As I began the preparations, "Where at this time?"

A question from the Supreme Court of my house

Brought me back to my senses from my dreamworld

"Going to Karan's place for studies," I replied instantly

As I stepped out in the open air, I felt a different world

My mind zoomed into an a overdrive of emotions

My gestures and actions amused every person around

I reached an hour before the scheduled time to the spot

The place was barely occupied but I was blusing happily

I waited with baited breath for her to appear at the horizon

At a distance, I found her walking towards me gingerly

My heart started beating loud for everyone around to hear

To relax myself, I closed my eyes, and wait for the magic

As I opened my eyes, I could see her passing by wihout waiting 

She gestured silently, her family was walking besides her

My heart sank as I did not want to understand these gestures

Till day, all our communication happened silently only

Both of us spoke volumes through various gestures and enjoyed

We used gestures in our college group meetings to avoid gossips

Today was the day of commitment and I wanted to talk my heart

Her eye gestures expressed me the truth but I expected lies 

With a heavy heart, I left the place to reach home

As I reached, I found a pair of known footwears at the door

Being late in the night, my intuitions alerted me of danger

I was not ready mentally for another shock on the same day

I found Karan with folded hands in front of my parents

I remembered the words I spoke that evening, and knew I got trapped

Now my heart was beating faster, even more than it did a few hours ago

My face turned pale as I knew "Court Marshal" would happen

Suddendly, Karan smiled and winked, send me signals to relax

I knew "I was saved," I now had to behave normally 

"Karan told us about the accident of your common friend,

and how you accompanied his parents to the hospital" said my father

"We are proud of you,  keep up the good work," he continued

"Hush!!" I felt relief running through my entire nervous system

A good friend saves you out of any problems anytime, I thought

Friends and Gestures go hand-in-hand for lifetime

Invest in good friends & relations to live happily forever.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine Day

Kranti Daud - A dream come true

Being in Love