Guests - Welcome!!!

Every time I visited my friend’s place

I found a new person in that space

When I enquired about the new face

“My Uncle” would be the reply with grace

 

I found it funny and asked him once

The number of uncles you have is suspense?

My bigger worry, do you also incur their expense?

The answer would be a smile in defence

 

Sometimes, he would explain in words few

The village was remote, where he grew

The villagers believed to have a roof they knew

At a metropolitan city, a place new

 

The purpose of their visit would vary

Some came searching a job of dreams they carry

A few rare ones came to the city to marry

A few came to get rid of their diseases scary

 

The purposes though different were treated at par

Every day the ‘guests’ would go places, near or far

Managing their food and routine was a tough affair

With limited means, the family raised the helping-bar

 

 

I was dumb-stuck observing this pattern regularly

The true meaning of charity being done genuinely

Such ‘guests’ also blessed the family meticulously

Both served the belief in humanity spectacularly

 

To be a witness to such a selfless service was divine

To serve ‘guests’ cheerfully is a wonderful sign

They saw God in Guests and served without a whine

Such giver-family was bound to prosper and shine

 

I learnt a few lessons of this life, to give with a smile

To help unknown guests is better than only earning for own bile

No doubt, unknowingly misdeeds in our life-file pile,

We can make our mark and move out of this world in style.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine Day

Kranti Daud - A dream come true

Being in Love