Reflection

Thank you Vilas Shete sir for teaching me the ABC of Accountancy.... This Friday prompt was #reflection at #Didyouwritetoday forum.... This poem is dedicated to you Shete sir 

It was two decades ago, I still vaguely remember
When I took the stage as a young vibrant and excited teacher
Teaching a practical question stating an accounting concept 
I went into trance explaining the deep logic and theory

When suddenly there was a murmur among the students 
Brought me back to senses and my curious mind wanted to know why?
Fearing rejection, I asked a few of them the reasons for their murmur
To my surprise, they replied, "You are a reflection of your teacher"

My heart swelled with pride as it was my moment of glory
I could not hold back my tears, nor could I express my emotions directly
That day  I reflected the man whom I idolised all my life 
Unknowingly I even picked up his manners, lines, and style

Years passed, I moved ahead sharing the baton of love for accountancy
In the meantime, many of my students took the baton of teaching as well
One day while in the corridor, I heard my dialogues but in different voice
Curiosity took over and I peeped in, my student was delivering his lecture

It was another happy moment of life being a teacher
When I realised my reflection had created an image of itself
Every student is a reflection of the teacher he idolizes
Every teacher is the perfect image, the student wants to reflect throughout.

Reflections are not only the image the mirror produces
True reflection reflect in your followers imitating your actions
Not only students, your children are your perfect reflections 
When you observe carefully, you may find more than one coincidence

Hence, being a parent is a responsible decision
For the behaviour of the child reflects many of your inner qualities
You may not accept your flaws in your golden days
But your reflection's character will hold the mirror of life reflecting yourself 

(The first part of the poem is a kind of anecdote and I still feel happy to be called my teacher's reflection)

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful expression of gratitude sir. Wonderful. Shete Sir is proud to be your teacher.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine Day

Kranti Daud - A dream come true

Being in Love