Ice Cream

When someone asks for a work to be done by love or with scream
 I say, for the work done, All I need is an Ice cream

My father was puzzled for my demand at that tender age
For when he was small, life was more like a parrot in a cage
Those days to even ask for a chocolate, he lacked that courage
Today, in the book of life, he understood its time to turn the page

Even when he asks me to get his work done, by love or with scream
I politely say, for the work to be done, All i need I an Ice Cream

My support system during my childhood is my Mother
With her around, I never had a reason to bother
I was the youngest in the family having an elder brother
Majority of my work either done by him or my caring mother

Still when she comes for getting a kitchen work done, by love or with scream
I lovingly say, for the work  to be done, All I need is an Ice Cream

I share a special relation with by elder one
My best friend and the worst enemy but can be replaced by none
Doing a mischief together, I generally used to run
Watching him being caught and punished, was real fun

Today when he asks for help in Project work, by love or with scream
I laughingly say, for the work to be done, All I need is an Ice Cream

My family has understood my nature of demanding this Ice-cream
They have warned me this nature may end up ruining my dream
For a small boy's bribing nature will get stamped into his mind
And soon the Ice cream may turn into currency or benefit in kind





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valentine Day

Kranti Daud - A dream come true

Being in Love